June 2019 Release Notes
This release provides enhancements to several advanced capabilities, improving the flexibility and power of features that experienced app builders rely on.
Our June release, with the features and fixes listed below, will be available June 23, 2019.
Power BI enhancements
Analysts using PowerBI will get more value from their Quick Base data now that the certified Quick Base connector in PowerBI is no longer in Beta. The following updates have also been made to optimize the formatting of data for PowerBI:
- Reports containing report formulas are now supported
- Record ID# fields are now formatted as integers
- Checkbox fields are now formatted as Boolean and will display as TRUE/FALSE within PowerBI
- Durations are being converted to days versus the native API response of milliseconds
- Ask the user reports are now omitted to prevent confusion
- The certified connector will now appear in the Online Services category within the PowerBI Get Data menu
Field dependency diagram enhancements
The field dependency diagram has been updated to help builders gain even clearer insight into how the fields in their apps are connected to each other. Now they will be able to see the dependencies of even more types of fields. The following fields now expand to show the fields on which they are dependent:
- Composite fields used in Quick Base Sync
- Fields referenced in the filter criteria of a Summary fields
Builders will now have an even more complete view of how the fields in their app are interrelated.
Audit log enhancements
For those with access, audit logs now include the following:
Calls to API_DoQueryCount, a call which counts the number of records in a table that match a set of criteria
- Searches at the app level, including the number of tables searched
- Report access or form activity through a URL redirect
- Access to home pages and rich text pages
Audit Logs are included with Platform and above plans with 6 months of data retention. Available as an add-on for Premier plans.
ALSO IN THIS RELEASE
- When working in the Visual Builder, relationships across applications will be shown as a line going off of the Visual Builder page when you are editing child apps. This will help builders map out not only relationships among tables in an app but also among several applications. Before creating a relationship across applications, be sure to reference our Best Practices Guide for Sharing Data Across Quick Base apps.
You can now search release notes dating back to January 2017.
COMING SOON — Early Access
The new Sandbox capability will enable customers to increase app building collaboration between their builders, admins, and end-users in a safe environment and test changes to their apps using partial or full data from their live app.
Our completely re-designed Sandbox allows builders to modify a Quick Base application in a safe environment and published those changes directly to the live app.
To participate, sign up in the QB Early Access app and select Platform Administration & App Lifecycle Management under Early Access Categories.
Sign up for future early access opportunities
We have some exciting early access programs coming up. If you are interested in participating, please provide us with your information. If you are a good fit for any of the programs, we will reach out to you directly.
WHAT’S FIXED IN QUICK BASE?
We continue to focus on quality. Below are the issues we fixed this month.
Note: Platform security, billing changes, back-end tooling, and performance are all ongoing commitments. Each release may include changes in these areas.
|QBE010811||In Quick Base Sync, when you open a connected field and delete a field, the label now correctly reads Disconnect and delete field and the correct confirmation message appears.|
|QBE011353||In Quick Base Sync, we provided help text in product to clarify that the format needed for the Quick Base URL is https://mycompany.quickbase.com with no /db added.|
Report formulas now correctly update when a field name is changed.
|QBE013513||We fixed an issue with embedded timeline reports that have sorting and grouping.|
|QBE013560||The new Settings button now does not display on the App Settings and Table Settings page if the toggle to use the new Settings panel is set to Off.|
|QBE013570||We fixed an issue that could produce errors when connecting to Google Drive for Business for a connected table.|
|QBE013574||When you specify a date range for downloading audit logs, and immediately select Download without first choosing to Display logs, your downloaded file now correctly contains logs in your specified date range.|
|QBE013576||In Visual Builder, you can now edit the field names for Address field types.|
|QBE013579||We fixed an issue where some users were getting automatically logged out before the 30-minute inactive session timeout.|
|QBE013588||Drilldown reports now work correctly when the chart series is a report formula.|
|QBE013605||Search and replace in schema now supports report formulas.|
|QBE013607||We fixed an issue with how formula rich text fields work in charts when you use a report formula.|
|QBE013610||Quick Base Sync refreshes can now result in a partial refresh if the table size would become too large. We clarified the error message; it now reads “The refresh stopped before completion because the connected table reached the maximum table size.”|
© 1999-2019 QuickBase, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Notices.