Connecting to the Quick Base Admin Console
Note: This topic refers to functionality that is only available to platform plans and up. This feature only is available to realms that have one account. The connections can only be setup by realm admins.
You can create a connected table to access data about your realm's users and apps from the Quick Base Admin Console. You can also add access information (users to apps), which will allow you to create a relationship between the users and apps data sources so you can create reports on which apps users have access to.
Bring the data you want into your app and refresh it based on a schedule you set, or any time, on-demand.
To connect to the Quick Base Admin Console:
Open the app that you want to connect to and make note of the following:
User Token: This layer of security is required. The user token being used here must be that of a realm admin in the target URL (see below).
Quick Base URL: Locate the Quick Base URL in the browser. For example, https://yourcompanyname.quickbase.com.
Enter your user token or create a user token in My Preferences and use that for the input for user token.
Create your connected table and select one of the following connectors:
- Access, which allows you to bring in both users and apps information so you can report on which apps users have access to
See Adding a connected table to your app or click the Help icon in the top right while creating your table.
View, test, or delete your connections
To view details about your connection and test, change, or delete connections, click the user dropdown on the Global bar, then click My preferences. Your connections display in the My Connections area.
View connected table details and history
To view Details about your connected table, including the connected service, connection owner, connected fields, filter, and schedule for the connected table, access the connection in Table Settings. You can also view a History of recent refreshes, and edit the connection filter, refresh schedule, or switch to use a different connection, if necessary.
- There is a limit of 3 Admin Console connected tables per realm.
- There is a limit of 750,000 records for the Access connector.
- Connected tables using the Access connector cannot be synced hourly.
- Deactivated users will not be included in any results of the Admin Console sources. Denied users will not be included in the Access source.
- Through a connection, Quick Base fields are simplified as needed to fit these types: Text, Numeric, Date, Time, Checkbox, and Address. See About connected fields.
Did this help you? Give us a rating:
© 1999-2020 QuickBase, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Notices.