Manage All Users
The Manage All Users page lets you view and manage all your Quick Base account and realm users. From the Manage All Users page, you can:
- Create a new user
- View a list of all users
- Choose which columns to display
- Bulk search for emails
- Export a list of users
- View user counts
- Perform actions for multiple users
- View and edit user information
Create a new user
Realm admins can create new users. Click +New User at the upper right to add a user.
Enter the first name, last name, and email address.
View a list of all users
The Manage All Users page displays a list of all users with the following information for each user:
- First name
- Last name
- Last access: most recent date that the user signed in to Quick Base. (Users also see a message when they sign in to Quick Base, showing the date and time of the previous sign-in.)
- Access status: paid seat, Quick Base staff, deactivated, denied, or no app access
- Last access >180 D ago: the user has signed on at least once, but the last access date is more than 180 days ago
- In any group
- Group manager
- Can create apps
- App manager
- External Authentication ID for users who have external IDs due to single sign-on.
- In realm directory (realm admins only)
- Realm approved (realm admins only)
Quick Base access status
|Paid seat||A user who has been invited to one or more apps in your account. Paid seats have an associated user status of Unregistered, Unverified, or Registered.|
|No app access||A user who has been associated with your realm, but either has not yet been invited to any app, or once had access to apps that was later removed.|
|Denied||A user who cannot sign in to your domain.|
|Quick Base staff||A Quick Base employee who has been invited to one or more apps in your account. Quick Base employees do not count as paid seats.|
Choose which columns to display
You can choose which columns to display on the Users page by selecting column names from the Columns dropdown. Your column choices persist in the browser. The first three columns, First name, Last name, and Email, are always displayed.
Note: The users list has a horizontal scroll bar; the first three columns, First name, Last name, and Email, are fixed columns.
Filter the list of users
You can filter the list of users by one or more field values.
Adding a filter
To add a filter:
- Select the Filter icon beside the Search bar.
- Select the field you want to filter on; for example, Paid seat. The field values appear.
- Select the field value on which you want to filter. The report updates to limit the information, showing matching records. Your filter value choice also appears next to the Filter icon.
You can filter on more than one value at once. If you filter on more than one value within a field, the results will show all users who match each value (Boolean OR search).
If you filter on more than one field, the results will show only users who match every field (Boolean AND search). For example, if you look for access statuses Paid Seat and Quick Base staff, you’ll get users who are Paid Seats and also Quick Base staff. If you add a filter for App Managers to that search, you’ll get all the users who are Paid Seats and Quick Base staff, and also app managers.
Removing a filter
When you remove a filter, the information updates. To remove a filter from list of users:
1. Select the filter choice next to the Filter icon, or
2. Select the Filter icon and then deselect the filter choice checked with a green check mark.
Sort the list of users
To sort the list of users:
1. Click the down arrow in the column header.
2. Choose a column and select the down arrow.
3. Select the sorting option you want. For example, a column with text values has the alphabetical sorting choices Sort A to Z and Sort Z to A.
Search for users
To search for users, start typing in the Search users box. A list of users matching your search string displays.
The Search users box will search the following columns in the table: First name, Last name, Email address, User name, Last access, Quick Base access status, and External authentication ID.
Bulk search for emails
You can search for a list of users using email addresses so that you can perform actions on multiple users at once, such as denying users. Select Bulk Search and paste in a list of emails separated by commas, spaces, or line breaks.
You can bulk search on a filtered list of users. You can also filter the list after a bulk search.
Export a list of users
Click Export CSV to export a list of users as a .csv file. You can export the entire list or a subset of users, such as paid seats. To export a subset, filter the list first and then click Export CSV. The CSV file will include all of the information displayed on the Users page plus user IDs.
View user counts
You can view, search, sort, and filter the list of account and realm users. At the top of the page, you can view the total number of users in the following categories:
- Paid seats
- Denied users
- Quick Base staff who have been given access to the realm
Note that your realm directory probably contains some users who are paid seats, users with no app access, some denied users, and some deactivated users, so the total of the numbers shown in these categories is not expected to equal the total number of users shown in the grid.
Perform actions for multiple users
You can select multiple users by using the checkbox options in the first column.
When you select checkboxes in the first column, a count indicator and actions appear.
To select all the users on a page, select the checkbox in the column header.
To add or edit users, access the Manage Billing Account page in Quick Base, as you normally do. More about the Manage Billing Account page.
View and edit user information
The User Info panel lets you view and edit information for an individual user. To open this panel, click anywhere on the user's row on the Manage All Users page.
The User Info panel stays open until you close it, or until you select more than one user using the checkboxes in the left-hand side of the grid. You can keep the information panel open and choose other users from the list to view their information.
The panel organizes user information by three tabs: Settings, Apps, and Groups.
Use the Settings tab to view and edit the following information:
- A user's first name, last name, email, and Quick Base user name
- Access Status
- Permissions for
- Account admin, including whether the admin is support level or full management, and whether the user will receive security Q&A reset requests
- Allowed to create apps
- Realm Approved
Admins with access to edit users can also:
• Send an email verification directly
• Send a password reset email
Admins of realms that use SAML authentication can:
• Specify that a specific user's credentials should be managed by Quick Base, even though the realm as a whole uses SAML by selecting Use Quick Base to manage password. Note: Currently, realm admins of realms that use SAML authentication do not have access to edit a user’s information or send password reset and email verification messages.
Admins can also view the following read-only information:
- External authentication ID (if applicable)
- Registration status (registered, unregistered, unverified)
- In your company
- Realm admin
- Super user
Use the Apps tab to view or search a list of apps for the user. The apps listed in the table are linked so that clicking an app name will open the “Application Info” page for that app.
Use the Groups tab to view or search a list of groups that include the user. Clicking the group name will open the Manage Group page for that group.
From the Sessions tab on the User Info panel, realm admins can view all the active user sessions for a give user with the IP address, operating system, browser, and start time/end time. Admins can also close any or all sessions for a given user.
© 1999-2019 QuickBase, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Notices.