About the new table reports
The most common type of Quick Base report is a table report. Now you can use the new table report experience by turning on the New style (beta) toggle at the top of the page. The choice to use the new table report experience is on a per-user, per-report basis. Along with significant visual changes, we have made several other improvements. Read below to find out more about:
- Visual updates
- Column Filters
- Actions only available in the new table reports
- Actions not yet available
- Other differences
The first thing you’ll notice about the new table report is its sleek, new look. We have made numerous visual improvements including updating our color-coding design, adding in vertical lines for readability, and rethinking the look and feel of our more menu and table bar.
We have rebuilt our pagination controls to be more usable than ever. In the new table report experience pagination controls will stick to the bottom of your window, so they'll always be there when you need them.
Click on the < or > arrows to advance one page backward or forward, on the numbers themselves to move to a page that closely neighbors the current page or type directly in the box to skip to a specific page.
We have updated grouping with nested groups that are collapsible. Groups that are set up in the report are now listed in their hierarchy when viewing the report with a tiered appearance. These nested groups can be expanded or collapsed at each level or multiple levels. For information on grouping in the old-style table reports, see Sorting and Grouping a Report.
You can show or hide the column filters row by clicking the Filter icon at the top. Filtering is now supported for almost every field type.
Some examples of supported field types are:
- Formula user
- Multi-select text
- Text-multiple choice
Currently the only unsupported field types are:
- Report link
- Report formula
We provide a date-range picker for filtering dates, date-times, and the corresponding formula types. The date-range picker has an improved user interface.
In addition, drop-down menus are provided for the following field types and corresponding formula field types:
- Text, including mult-select, multi-choice, and logged entries.
- Work date
- with more than 100 unique values a search box is provided.
- with fewer than 100 unique values a drop-down is provided:
- Automatic for the first five columns that are supported field types
- On-demand for any additional columns. These columns have a Filter button you can click.
Within the old-style table report, you can add initial filters and up to 5 dynamic filters. These dynamic filters display at the left-hand side of the page. For more information on how dynamic filters work in the old-style table reports, see About Dynamic Filters.
We provide an input box for filtering every other type of field, and the corresponding formula types, except for duration, file attachment, report link, iCal and vCard, list-user and date-time summaries.
Search filtering means there’s a box you type into. Users can separate multiple words with spaces, ANDs, and ORs.
Actions only available in the new style
With the new style table reports, on a per-report basis, you can:
- Adjust the density for displaying your data by selecting one of the spacing options in the more menu.
- Re-size columns by hovering in between the columns and clicking and dragging the resize icon.
- Copy a custom URL You can share the view of your report with the filtering, grouping, and/or other changes you have made in that session via email. Select the Copy Link option in the more menu to copy the URL to your clipboard.
Note: Both re-sizing columns and adjusting density are temporary. If you close your browser session and come back later, you will need to make these changes again.
Actions not yet supported in the new style
The following list of actions represent some of the action that are not yet available in the new style.
- From the More menu:
- New subscription
- Add to favorites
- Copy expanded URL
- Copy records to another table
- Most actions available from the column drop-downs, but not adding a column.
- The ability to click and drag to rearrange the order of columns.
- The ability to click Save at the top to save changes you’ve made while using the report. You will need to click Customize report to make and save changes.
To view a record in the new-style reports, select the View icon. In the old-style reports, you can click anywhere in the row to view.
Did this help you? Give us a rating:
© 1999-2020 QuickBase, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Notices.